Honeywell Mk8 Keypad - How do i know if ARMED/DISARMED?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people,

I've got a Honeywell Galaxy Flex system with mk8 keypad.
when I part set the alarm at night, I cant tell in the morning if its been unset by another user in the morning.
Nothing on the display says whether it is set or unset or any sort of light to indicate that.

Is there a setting I can change to display that?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's a Pro panel, designed to work to standards, if installed correctly, you'll know if set or not.

It's a Pro panel, designed to work to standards, if installed correctly, you'll know if set or not.

??

If I set it at night ... how do I know if someone else hasn't disarmed it in the morning ... nothing on display or no light indicator to say armed or disarmed!

If I set it at night ... how do I know if someone else hasn't disarmed it in the morning ... nothing on display or no light indicator to say armed or disarmed!

That's the whole point. You don't. This is a pro panel, not some B&Q tat. The regs state that billy burglar shouldn't be able to look through a window and be able to tell if the alarm is on or off.

Your best option is to program one of the outputs as 'set' and wire an LED (with resistor) or similar across it.

Sponsored Links
Hello people,

Thanks

Yes, you can program option 58.4 to option 2. At this setting, the backlight will go out when the system is set. The keypad will illuminate when unset, upon entry and also when keys are pressed.

Don't do this if the keypad is viewable from outside the protected area (which it shouldn't be).

??

Because the entry route will start the timer telling you to turn it off.

Hi,
Wondering for the MK7 would anyone advise me what the option would be?

To disable the backlight when set.

Thanks.

Hello people,

Thanks

Yes, you can program option 58.4 to option 2. At this setting, the backlight will go out when the system is set. The keypad will illuminate when unset, upon entry and also when keys are pressed.

Don't do this if the keypad is viewable from outside the protected area (which it shouldn't be).

Hi,
Wondering for the MK7 would anyone advise me what the option would be?
To disable the backlight when set.

You don't say whether you have the same panel as the OP. With a Galaxy MENU 51>12 BANNER allows the banner blank when set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back