Honeywell pipe frost stat setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice about the frostat.

Boiler is in outback building and during the current cold weather the heating is coming on over night so wasting gas.

MY config: outback building has the boiler, room thermostat and frost pipe stat on flow, room stat i have switched to 0'c and the pipe stat was set to 30c, I have now set to this to min setting ( it has 40c, 30c 20c, 10c and min settings) heating i noticed does not come on as much at night so i'm sure this has worked despite temp going down to -2, i did notice boiler was on but rad were not as hot, so i think prob solved.

Can people confirm this is ok, there is no risk of pipes freezing as in London temps need to be -10 for that to happen.

Sponsored Links
If the pipestat is on the flow, and not the return, then min may be too low as it will cut off before the return is warm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back