Honeywell RSS Event monitoring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has much experience with this part of the app.

I'm looking into a solution when i can monitor live access control events using a Max4 reader and then take the data from the logs to run reports etc?

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can do this with RSS event monitor. You'll need to write some software to interact with the MS SQL database to create your reports. You will also need to ensure that the hosting pc is always on and with an uninterrupted network connection, otherwise the panel will throw up comm's errors.

You can also achieve the same using selfmon, but would need to use a JSON parser to pull all the events into your local spreadsheet etc.

Ok, so I'm on the right path. Someone else will be responsible for interacting with the database part.
In terms of the connection from the panel to pc, is it possible to use the " Galaxy RS232 cable" (or make one up) or connect to the actual terminals on the panel?

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'm sure I tested it over the rs232 connection at some point and it was fine.

At £800 + VAT, RSS is quite an expensive attendance recorder...

£800. ADI quoted £200 for Win-Pak GX which i assume will also do the task, I've never used though. It would be cheaper get a Paxton Access system. Well at least i know its an option.
I just thought it would be cheaper to use the one system for alarm and access

I've not used winpak for event reporting. I don't think it's the same as the event monitor in RSS, but would assume that it uses a database in the same way to hold incoming event reports.

If using serial, take a look at the opengalaxy project, as it's free and will log the events to a free database too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back