Honeywell st699 to Hive issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I had a honeywell st699 which I've just swapped out for a Hive.

My issue is that the heating doesn't seem to want to work unless the hot water is scheduled for the same time??

I've used the same wiring diagram as attached.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Screenshot_20211127-153115_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sponsored Links
What have you done with the wires that went to 6 and 7

Have you checked your 3 port valve? I assume it worked ok before swapping, or did you have the same issue?

Hi, thanks for the reply. It worked prior to the swap...but now doesn't seem to kick in when just the heating is selected.

If I select heating only, the valve doesn't seem to open nor the pump kick in.

The water works fine independently and the heating comes on if HW is selected at the same time

Sponsored Links
what did you do with the old room thermostat ? you have to link it out

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
There was no room stat installed when we moved in (We're only in the property about 5 minths)

your wiring is correct if you actually did follow your own diagram, go into settings and make sure the hive is set to fully pumped, it might be set to gravity hot water , which would do what you describe

• Thanks
Hi, the system is set to fully pumped as standard (green light). I can change the setting to gravity fed (blue light) but as I have a pump and 3 way diverter valve, I'm assuming that fully pumped is correct.

If I swap terminals 3 & 4 on the hive, the CH will operate independently, but I just get the reverse problem where the HW won't boost/run if the CH isn't running....switch o the boost for example and the pump or boiler do not switch on.

yes fully pumped is the correct setting for your system

If I swap terminals 3 & 4 on the hive, the CH will operate independently

by doing this the heating shouldnt come on , you have done something wrong, do you have a wiring center ? post a pic of inside that, and totally forget wire colours they mean absolutely nothing in a heating system

• Thanks
Post a photo of the Hive wiring as well

Hi, I'll post both pics, but the wring centre is messy at best so I've listed the connections below to hopefully help. The connections are listed from top to bottom in the photo. I.e. the top terminal in the wring centre is 1 and the bottom is 8.

1:
Brown to Hive Live
Brown from Live switched fused spur (3Amp)
Black...runs under floor I,m assuming to Boiler?

2:
Neutral from supply
Blue to Neutral terminal Hive
Blue from Pump
Blue from switched valve

3:
Earth from Supply
Earth to boiler?
Earth to Pump
Earth to switched valve

4:
Black to terminal 4 Hive
White to valve

5: unused

6:
Red to terminal 3 Hive
green/yellow to HW cylinder stat

7:
Blue to terminal 1 Hive
Grey to valve
Brown to HW cylinder stat

8:
Brown to Pump
Orange to valve
Blue HW cylinder stat
RED TO BOILER

Hopefully this makes sense

Attachments

• 20211128_154313.jpg
    20211128_154313.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20211128_143119.jpg
    20211128_143119.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back