Honeywell T3R to Hive Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for advice on switching over as per the title. I've read over a few of the other posts on here but can't see wiring like how my Honeywell thermostat.
There's too brown going to live, they would just go in Live on the Hive?
Two blue going to neutral, same on to neutral on the Hive?
Earth i get.
So i just replicate the above on the hive, right?

But it's where A & B are concerned, which one goes where on the hive?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,248
Sponsored Links
Hive Permanent neutral = Honeywell T3R N
Hive Permanent live (should be called line) = Honeywell T3R L
Hive Permanent Common = Honeywell T3R A
Hive Permanent Heating off (N/C) = Honeywell T3R C (not used)
Hive Permanent Heating on (N/O) = Honeywell T3R B
Earths to Hive earth tether.

In real terms swapping A and B would not matter, I am assuming Hive single channel.

Thanks, indeed single channel. Sorry I should mentioned that.

I’ll give that a go, thank you for the advice!

Update: All wired up, for some reason the Hub (connected to the boiler) won't light up. Unresponsive when the button is pressed too. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Any existing timer will have to be set to constantly on , the Hive will over-ride it

Sponsored Links
There is something odd with original wiring, three cables but only one earth wire connected, if wired FCU to thermostat base then to boiler then two earths would be connected, and if wired FCU to boiler then thermostat base then only two cables.

The 3TR
T3R.png
is the same as Hive with a base and wireless link to thermostat so it should have been wired the same, @ianmcd comments are not really valid with the old thermostat you had, as it was also a programmable thermostat, should have been an easy swap.

Post pics of the wiring at both ends as it is now,and a pic of the control panel on the boiler

Could be the photo, but is there a break in the blue cable in A, near where the earth has been cut?

So you know that the boiler doesnt have a built in timer then genius ?
It could have, but that hardly matters, changing one volt free programmable mains powered thermostat for another volt free programmable mains powered thermostat is really like for like, and he should not need to worry about other controls.

It could have, but that hardly matters, changing one volt free programmable mains powered thermostat for another volt free programmable mains powered thermostat is really like for like, and he should not need to worry about other controls.
not if he has changed the settings on another timer

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Update: All wired up, for some reason the Hub (connected to the boiler) won't light up. Unresponsive when the button is pressed too. Any ideas?
This points to no supply, had you used a mechanical thermostat before I would say no neutral, had the previous system had separate thermostat and programmer I would say left a thermostat wired in some where, but it was really a like for like replacement, but I can't see why three cables as said before, would have expected only 2.

So looking at original wiring and how untidy, my guess is a stray wire has caused a short and blown a fuse. With a good install you should not see copper, but I know my Nest heat link was very cramped, so I fitted a wiring centre under the heat link, so one hole = one cable. Never fitted Hive, so not sure how tight, but stray filament in cable causing short and blowing fuse seems most likely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back