Honeywell V4073

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you please help? I've just purchased a new 3 way valve which has 5 wires, the one i'm replacing has 6 wires, does anybody know what to do with the 6th wire?
Is there anywhere i can get the relevant wiring diagram from?

Many Thanks

Kettle 3 :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/catalogu.htm#MOTORISED VALVES
Go to the Honewell link above.
Download (right-click/save as) the following .pdfs
2.21 V4073.pdf
3.4 Y Plan.pdf
(You need Adobe Reader)

Your original valve had a Brown wire to supply 230V AC to the valve motor. The later valve omits Brown. Pity Honeywell don't mention this on their leaflet.
The new valve gets power from the room thermostat via White and/or from the tank thermostat via Grey.
Orange is used for 230V output to boiler/pump (in heating-only mode) when there will be 230V input on both white and Grey.

The hard thing to understand with the Y-plan is that the boiler/pump gets its power from the tank thermostat when a hot water, or shared demand is made.

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/catalogu.htm#MOTORISED VALVES
Go to the Honewell link above.
Download (right-click/save as) the following .pdfs
2.21 V4073.pdf
3.4 Y Plan.pdf
(You need Adobe Reader)

Your original valve had a Brown wire to supply 230V AC to the valve motor. The later valve omits Brown. Pity Honeywell don't mention this on their leaflet.
The new valve gets power from the room thermostat via White and/or from the tank thermostat via Grey.
Orange is used for 230V output to boiler/pump (in heating-only mode) when there will be 230V input on both white and Grey.

The hard thing to understand with the Y-plan is that the boiler/pump gets its power from the tank thermostat when a hot water, or shared demand is made.

Thanks for help guys, trust i have all the information i need to tackle the job

should do but what is the original valve?, is it the old honeywell with the external relay?

Extracted from old honeywell guide. Issue 10
Replacment wiring guide for the old V4073A1005 to all new V4073A models.
The old valve had 6 wires and a relay plugged into one end. When replacing this old model with the newer model, wire the new valve colour for colour apart from the brown wire which is missing from the new valve.
ON SINGLE OUTPUT TIME SWITCHES Omit brown wire and reverse C & 1 on the cylinder thermostat.
ON DOUBLE OUTPUT TIME SWITCHES ie separate switching outputs for heating and hot water circuits.Omit brown wire and reverse C & 1 on the cylinder thermostat.
1 For programmers capable of selecting heating only;Run extra cable from the grey wire on valve to the HOT WATER OFF terminal on the programmer.2 For programmers NOT capable of selecting heating only;This extra wire is NOT required and MUST NOT be included.
There is additional information should the programmer be a RANDALL 4033 or a SANGAMO 410 FORM 1 which I assume will not be needed.
It may help to clarify any problem you may meet
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back