Honeywell v4073a1039 motorised 3 port valve: should moving lever to manual allow flow?

Sponsored Links
Well in trying to remove the pipe from the feeder tank with a spanner I put too much force on the nut which instead of coming undone rotated the pipe and tore it to pieces. I know I should have used two spanners but I couldn't see that the fitting to the tank had a nut on it where I could locate a spanner and oppose the force on the nut I was trying to undo because it was covered in gunk. Oh well I was going to replace the pipe anyway, and it does seem half full of crud.

Undoing this nut to the feeder tank is a Herculean task, more spanners and mole grips and pipe grips to be deployed I think.

Ok I have now tracked down where the blockage is and have identified some potential culprits.

blocked pipe.png
boiler system5.png

Soooooooooooooo I can start trying to clear the blockage with some sort of pipe clearing thing I have, a sort of wirey thing mostly used for clearing toilets I think, or I can start to dismantle the solder joints for which I will have to buy some sort of blowtorch, which I think can be picked up in homebase etc for not too much money.

Hmmm........... which ?

Last edited:
Well I have started bashing away with the spring wirey thing designed to remove blockages in pipes, and unsurprisingly it gets stuck at the 3 way joint. And it comes out black with magnetite.

If I tackle it from above or below, I can't get through.

Should I be able to poke a wire from one side to the other of the 3 way joint, surely there shouldn't be an obstruction as part of the design? That joint is surely just a simply two 22mm and one 15 mm T-joint with open orifices ? Or am I making another invalid assumption?

22x15x22_solder_ring_tee.jpg

Surely it is just this?

15x22x22 Tee ( except that mine is not a solder ring)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The venting device is a aerjec to eliminate air in the system.
What is the distance between the header tank and the pump? If you check the pump installation instructions, I think you'll find this should be at least 2mt when pumping downwards.

Thank you very much for that information about the air removal device.

The header feed tank is in the loft on the cross beams and the pump is, as you can see from my pictures, is about a 40 cm off the floor of the 1st floor of my house. So that gives a separation of over 2m from feeder tank to pump.

Thank you again for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back