Honeywell zone valve and auto mode

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please help me! My building manager is losing patience and I don’t blame her.

The plumber came to make sure my thermostat was working which he said it was and so i would not longer have to keep turning on my heating manually.
He got it working via the thermostat again and closed up the baseboard. We did the turn it up and down test…very technical!

Cue my partner coming home without me me updating him and he moved switch on the valve to turn on the heating as before.
It now will not turn on automatically again via the thermostat.

Can anyone tell me if I should have the switch all the way to the left or just leave it sitting where it naturally rests. Nothing seems to be working today!

I don’t want to ask my building manager again until I’ve tried it myself. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
It should normally be left in the auto position..manual is only used for draining & refilling the system.
Sounds like you still have a problem...so call them back.

Thanks! I just don’t get how it was working right away for the electrician and one manual turn on causes it to stop again.
I honestly think I don’t know how to make sure it’s correctly set in auto. But as you say I may need to ask them again

Thanks! I just don’t get how it was working right away for the electrician and one manual turn on causes it to stop again.
I honestly think I don’t know how to make sure it’s correctly set in auto. But as you say I may need to ask them again
Looks like it’s in auto in the picture. Manual is when you move the lever all the way to the right where it will 'ping' up into that cut out and stay there until you press the lever down to release it.

Sponsored Links
Obviously should be in auto, when you switch it manually it will not close the micro switch in the zone valve to fire the boiler if a 2 port vale (S plan) but if the programmer & thermostat are calling for heat then the motor will be powered and will close the microswitch to fire the boiler, when the call for heat is removed, it will then return to its closed position. If a 3 port vale, Mid Position, then works differently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back