hook lock alignment on Irwin Hilmor GLM pipe bender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies, this has been touched on in the past. I have just bought a brand new set of Irwin Hilmor GLM pipe benders and there seems to be a problem with the black lock hook not sitting squarely on the pipe (15mm). See attached pic. This is my first pipe bender so don't know if this is acceptable or whether it should be returned, or possibly me just not using them correctly? Just looking for opinions really.
thanks.

Attachments

• pipe bender.jpg
    pipe bender.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 373
Sponsored Links
That's just how they are, mine are the same. You can't seem to be able to buy a decent set of Benders anymore. I've had issues with the bolts that go through the rollers bending.

Dan

Thanks Dan, that being the case I will hold onto them rather than going for an exchange as they do pull a decent bend. Very disappointing that something that is such basic engineering can't be done right. Might have a moan at the manufacturer.
cheers

That's just how they are, mine are the same. You can't seem to be able to buy a decent set of Benders anymore.

Basically, you bought a fake, imitation GLM...................................

10 years ago, the Hilmor GLM was one of the best benders available. About that time, the company that made them - Bend It Now - lost the contract to make them in The UK. They are now made for Hilmor in the Far East and the quality is shoite.

However, Bend It Now continue to make the GLM in The UK to the original high quality. They have been making tools for 35 years, so if anyone needs new benders, I suggest they forget Hilmor and get an original quality GLM from B. I.Now. I think they're approx. £80. Anything else is just money down the drain.

http://www.benditnow.co.uk/

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back