Hook to hang 9kg light fitting!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently been asked to hang a light fitting that is approaching 9kg in weight, now for most heavy duty light fittings or chandeliers i have used one of these http://www.buyitbetter.co.uk/lighti...tachable-polished-brass-rose-h20/prod_98.html but the only problem is they can only hold a maximum of 5kg although in the packaging it says that they have a suspenion rope which can hold up to 15kg i think. The only problem is when i spoke to someone about this they said they no longer make them. So my question to anyone who is willing to help is what can i use to hold the weight of this light fitting. Bearing in mind that the 'hook' will be screwed directly into a timber as it is going in the centre of an orangery. Any help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Depends if it has to be pretty or functional. If you've got a solid timber base to screw into, then down to the hardware shop and find the biggest, meanest hook you can and screw that in. But if it's got to look pretty and dainty like the one you illustrated, you might be looking a long time....

PJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back