Light Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Normally find all my DIY answers on here, but stuck on this one so hopefully someone can help.

I'm trying to install a B&Q "chandelier" that I removed from my old house. I believe I kept all the fittings, but have no clue how to attach it to the ceiling.

Brackets:

And rose:

I'm guessing the hook attaches to the ceiling, then the screw rod somehow holds on to the light fitting and then you slide it over the hook. But the rod bracket seems not to fit to anything. Only way I have in mind is to use the hook on the main wire fitting inside the rose, but that doesn't seem right.

Anyone seen these before who can help?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You screw one of the brackets to the ceiling, the threaded one is more secure than the hook as the fitting cant jump off
The loop bit on the bar end goes between the two legs and the threaded bolt pushes through alongside the wire,
you then push the dome up and lock it so it covers the bracket ,

this cover will tension the fitting if you prefer to use the hook, thus stopping the thing unhooking

sorry i edited it as it wernt very clear

One bracket,, the hook is sometimes easier and less fiddly but can sometimes jump off if the light is knocked, i would try the bolt one personally

Sponsored Links
Ah! The 2 brackets completely confused me. I thought they somehow worked together.
Thanks for your advice.

Not sure why you have two really as you say its a ready used light,

maybe for another fitting you have taken down, b+q do tend to use the cheaper hook one, just be carefull as while your connecting it you can knock it off the hook and it will crash to the floor :)
Sometimes best to get someone hold the light till connected and hook on last thing , cover up tighten screw job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back