Hoover link tumble dryer - empty water container.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Have a Hoover link tumble dryer approx 2-3 years old. Every so often maybe 2 times in the last year the empty water indicator would come up even though the bottle has been emptied.

Previous times to this I'd ensure the bottle was emptied, clean out the lint trap and clean out the bottom where the air filter is as much as I could.

This time I can't get it to go on, I've done all of the above as well as turning it upside down to release any trapped water, pulled out as much lint as possible, it will run but after between 1-5 mins it will ask to empty water again.

We really relay on this to dry clothes could anyone help?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_204929.jpg
    IMG_20220318_204929.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
Bump

Anyone available? Spoke to hoover on the phone they suggested it's a sensor but won't send the part without an engineer at £120 :/

Said I can buy it online myself but I can't seem to find it. Model number is -
HL C9DF-80

It's just crud in the sump.

Strip it down and give it a good clean.
Easy to do tbh.

It's just crud in the sump.

Strip it down and give it a good clean.
Easy to do tbh.

Thanks for the reply. I've taken out the filter and washed it out. Should I take it all apart and take out the drum and clean it all?

What If it is a faulty part whst would I need to replace?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I've taken out the filter and washed it out. Should I take it all apart and take out the drum and clean it all?

What If it is a faulty part whst would I need to replace?

The gunk sits in the water pump sump.

However, just remove the side panels and open the fan ports and hoover the living **** out of it.

The gunk sits in the water pump sump.

However, just remove the side panels and open the fan ports and hoover the living **** out of it.

Thanks again for the reply I would really like to fix this myself.

This is the closest I can find to my model. This guy has taken it apart from the front and taken the drum out and everything.

Ill get it cleaned out properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back