Hoover Nextra Condenser Dryer not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoover condenser dryer Nextra HNC160 80.
Any idea as to why the dryer is not heating? I've checked the stats/cut outs on the heater and neither is open circuit, I can't get to the element terminals but from what I can see the heating element is in tact. The machine runs and only the power light comes on which all seems ok. Advice would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
check the heater terminals poss open circuit .

Thanks for the advice. Because of the difficulty in accessing possible faulty parts I have engaged a service engineer. He says that the circuit board is burnt out and is ordering the part. I will watch with interest when he changes it.

Sponsored Links
Rather than give the impression that the service engineer was right I thought that I should complete this tale.
No reply from the service engineer after three days so I phoned him. He told me that the programmer needed replacing and that was an uneconomic repair. I asked him why he had changed his mind from his original diagnosis and he became very abrupt and told me that I could always get a second opinion.
A quick search on the web showed me that I could get a timer for about £30 and that the circuit board was in fact a relay less than £15. I don't think that he was a very good engineer and I have no faith in his diagnosis.
Because I needed the dryer I have replaced it with a new one and consigned the old one to the dump.
Thanks again for your help it was probably much better than the engineer that attended.

I take it this was the small relay board in the middle top front of the machine

A common fault with these is the capacitor goes low value and not enough power goes to the relay to switch it properly

When operating the on switch you get a buzzing sound (contacts chattering/open and shutting)

Usually replace the board but we also replace the relay and capacitor for some people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back