Hoover "six.1200" Washing Machine & damp cloth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After completing its wash/spin/dry cycle, I find that the washing at the bottom of the drum is still sodden whereas the washing on top is dry !
There is no water visible in the drum and as far as I can see the outlet hose is not kinked at all. Also sometimes there is a 'soapy' white residue on the washed clothes (if it matters, I use Ariel tablets and Comfort fabric conditioner).

Help please, can anyone advise me on what my problem might be.

Thanks
Bazza

Sponsored Links
sounds like the filter is partily blocked.

Put the m/c on a rinse cycle with nothing in it see how long does the water take to empty

other thing is do you take clothes out strait after cycle finishes

Apparently washing soda crystals should be used to keep the washer clean. Pour it into the drum and put it on a hot wash cycle(with nothing else in it).It gets rid of all the slimy stuff(dead skin cells, grease..etc :confused: ) that builds up in the pipes etc so this might help if its blocked! :D

it wont help the filter. what you say is true regarding grease / soda crystals, but it will not remove the fluff / lint that gets caught, once had one FULL of hair.........dog hair, she washed dogs blanket without shaking loose stuff off first so, so over time filter got blocked with dogs hair

Sponsored Links
lisap said:
Apparently washing soda crystals should be used to keep the washer clean. Pour it into the drum and put it on a hot wash cycle(with nothing else in it).It gets rid of all the slimy stuff(dead skin cells, grease..etc :confused: )
YUCK !!

Its lovely isnt it!! :LOL: Apparently distilled white vinegar can also be used to remove limescale build up if anyones interested!
I think I would have got rid of the dog!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back