Hoover Whirlwind Vacuum Cleaner - front filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoover Whirlwind vacuum cleaner and recently it has started to blow dust out every time it is being used. The dust seem to come out from a vent just above the motor.

If I use hose, it is fine and doesn't leak dust.

The case comes out and there seems to be an air filter which feels more like a thick sponge. I thought I will replace it but cannot find this part. Whenever I look for filters it brings up the cylindrical big filter which is inside the bin.

Anyone knows what I should be looking for?

If I have confused you, I will take some pictures.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks but no. It is more like a thick pad so could be third one down. I am jusy trying to figure out the right term. We ended up spending 250 on a dyson today and I am thinking ifI can fix it can used as a spare or sold on ebay.

As a matter of interest how do you find the Dyson?
We were big Dyson fans having had one of the old twin canister ones for years but the new one is very noisy it has an awful high pitched whine and Dyson say it's OK but frankly I hurts my ears! Also seems to be a bit top heavy and fragile.

Sponsored Links
I have a Hoover Whirlwind vacuum cleaner and recently it has started to blow dust out every time it is being used. The dust seem to come out from a vent just above the motor.

If I use hose, it is fine and doesn't leak dust.

The case comes out and there seems to be an air filter which feels more like a thick sponge. I thought I will replace it but cannot find this part. Whenever I look for filters it brings up the cylindrical big filter which is inside the bin.

Anyone knows what I should be looking for?

If I have confused you, I will take some pictures.

thanks in advance.

If its kicking the dust out as much as that, there's a rubber gasket dislodged or missing somewhere, I guess.
John :)

As a matter of interest how do you find the Dyson?
We were big Dyson fans having had one of the old twin canister ones for years but the new one is very noisy it has an awful high pitched whine and Dyson say it's OK but frankly I hurts my ears! Also seems to be a bit top heavy and fragile.

Only used today for first time. Noise didn't bother me that much and it didn't seem any better or worse than my old hoover. But boy did it clean, and was so easy to manoeuvre.

And yes it does feel a bit fragile especially when you want to take the hose thing out. I am afraid we are going to break it very soon.

For a £250 product I would have liked a bit of robustness.

[/quote]

If its kicking the dust out as much as that, there's a rubber gasket dislodged or missing somewhere, I guess.
John :)[/quote]

Good point, I don't think I saw any gasket, will check again. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back