Hope this isn't any of you guys!

Sponsored Links
Now I got the impression that this was actually a young lad practising filming and producing a video for a college project and the whole thing was 'knocked' up at the sparks own house.
What, you really think that having a double patress with a new blank on the front of it, along with plugs hanging next to the position and having been called by a customer to check the feasibility of putting a double socket there is a mock up? :LOL:

good point about the hanging plugs,
they had to un-plug the fridge-freezer to make this film.

is that his company name on the label on the consumer unit? (EDIT no, it's a crabtree rcd label)

according to the credits, the utube poster made the film and it is his house.

The bloke doing the work appears to have gone there and let him film it and has also put it on his company website.

You all missed the fact that his tyres were bald and his MOT has run out ;)

Sponsored Links
I was a little surprised at tester but it did work without needing to select a range so I'll let him off.

However this was a health and safety film so where was his proving unit? And where was the ELI meter and RCD tester even if he did not use Insulation tester.

If that was the way he behaves when being filmed what is he like when no ones looking?

Unless I have someone with me I am very weary of removing sockets and plates in case something pops out and I think as a health and safety film he should have shown replacing the plate before looking for consumer unit.

I still say it was just a dad helping his son make a film for school media studies or something like that!

Now I got the impression that this was actually a young lad practising filming and producing a video for a college project and the whole thing was 'knocked' up at the sparks own house.

You would do, after reading the comments.....

"no sorry dude, only cause this was a college project, but you never know alan might want me to do osme more demonsrations or lectures not sure yet, keep an eye on m channel and it might pop up."

"lol naaah, hes just a neighbour helpin me out, i only put it online so ppl could see what kin d of videos i make, not 2 learn form them to be honest, im ean ok so at leas tif some1 watched this they might not have known what wires colours were what or what that sticker thing ment...you checked out me other videos??"

You would do, after reading the comments.....
After reading the comments I got the impression that the video was knocked up by someone with learning difficulties.

Ban, that's a bit mean. He may be extremely foolish and a poor electrician, but you've gone too far there. In the 60's and 70's, I had what are now called learning difficulties.

My observations:

Wearing a metallic watch. NO!!

Too much exposed probe on tester.

Not wearing gloves.

Did not follow standard isolation procedures:
Only tested L>N.
No locking off.
No proving unit

Using a Martindale to test for a safely wired socket? You're 'avin' a laugh geezer!

I'm not talking about the electrician - I'm talking about the person who wrote:

no sorry dude, only cause this was a college project, but you never know alan might want me to do osme more demonsrations or lectures not sure yet, keep an eye on m channel and it might pop up.

lol naaah, hes just a neighbour helpin me out, i only put it online so ppl could see what kin d of videos i make, not 2 learn form them to be honest, im ean ok so at leas tif some1 watched this they might not have known what wires colours were what or what that sticker thing ment...you checked out me other videos??

dude chill, it was only a college project thats all...its not ment to be a proper proper video liiike, if it was it would have been more technical, it wa sonly a college project :p bit of fun and bit of basic education at the same time...x

etc

So under what circumstances can the term "learning difficulties" be used and not be offensive in your eyes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back