Horizontal or vertical plasterboard sheets on stud wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to google sanatogen there ree, now i understand why you are up through the night posting when the rest of us are up for work in the morning.

Apologies for being hard on you! never my intention to mock the afflicted, there is help available when you are ready.
Take care. x

Sponsored Links
Good morning duvet campers. A very good morning to you.

OP,
You and any others following this are being advised well wrong:
For a number of reasons plasterboard is always fixed horizontal to studding, do not try and re-invent a trade practice thats used across the world of drywall.

Why give yourselves extra work and possible difficulties?

I've even fixed 12ft and 16ft lengths - they can be life savers in residential work, and a must in commercial jobs.
Try hanging them vertical.

No matter the type or length of board used it goes on horizontal.
I'm curious (and am about to put up a stud wall) - what are the number of reasons? I guess I'm thinking that there may be good reasons for doing things a certain way on new build and big projects, but which might be fine for me to do differently in my little spare bedroom...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back