Horrible old pipe (with photo)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I`ve managed to take a photo of this horrible old pipe with holes in it that we`ve found in this old flat in Germany.

hole.jpg

My friend has already filled it with bitumen(!), but what I really want to do is to stick a flexible 4cm wide pipe down inside this old pipe as far as I can go.

Does this sound like a good way of overcoming what is a very old pipe that is crumbling away at the top?

If it is, has anyone done it before, and the second question is, what should I seal the top and sides with as the pipe it would go into is 5cm wide? I assume some sort of gunk would work, or should i tape it up or something? I`ve never dealt with something so old or as horrible as this before!

Thanks,
Simon.

Sponsored Links
great photo !
:eek: :confused:

looks like the morning after a good curry.

is the pipe not corroded all the way ?

Vorsprung Durch Technik :oops: (advantage thru` technology)NOT.....Good luck Chaps.........over+out.

Vorsprung Duck Tape Technique perhaps?
I reckon your mate's bitumen will do a pretty good job, but perhaps a plug of something which sets would be appropriate. Neutral cure silicone, or fibreglass resin, come to mind. If the pipe is actually porous where you're trying to seal it though, it would be like trying to seal the fence to the garden..

Sponsored Links
I would jmagine no-one would have survived the scud attack on the this bunker !!! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back