Horstmann Economy 7 Immersion Timer battery problem?

upload_2021-6-4_18-19-41.png SUCCESS!!

@AndyPRK
ESP have assured me that this battery will replace the GP one. It holds 330mAh, rather than 320, and may be a slightly different size (this is one that costs more to post than buy!).

They say they will fit the tails if it has a connector on the end & they have the connector - I cannot see a connector (see top of photo), and, after undoing the first layer and being no closer, I decided not to continue dismantling as it will be easier to re-solder.

I measured the width of mine - 8 or 9mm -see bottom of photo. The ESP one is 9mm wide, even though it is a different shape.

I will also update when I have the battery fitted & tested.

Thank you to John and Chris and everyone else who helped out.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Kudos to you @EcoGirl for sticking with it and not being beat, quite a rarity these days with the throw away society. I know your profile says “saving the world one component at a time”, but could have been quite easy to give up.

Kudos to you @EcoGirl for sticking with it and not being beat, quite a rarity these days with the throw away society. I know your profile says “saving the world one component at a time”, but could have been quite easy to give up.

Thanks Chris, it did seem a bit mad at times. I have hopes that lots of people with Horstmann Economy 7 switches can save theirs too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back