Horstmann HRFS1 Wireless Thermostat Both Red and Green lights Blinking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hortsman HRFS1 wireless thermostat. It's worked fine for five years but suddenly it seems to have developed an error. The red light(power) and green light (connection) on the receiver unit start blinking together and I can hear a faint clicking noise from the receiver whenever the heating should come on. Needless to say the heating does not come. The boiler seems to be fine as the hot water is all working.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? Has the unit packed up?

Many thanks,

Julian

Sponsored Links
Ahh, yes that would explain the clicking. Thanks very much. I've ordered a replacement.

Please report how you get on.
I have fitted the same thermostat to mothers house, I left it as a free standing unit, which was likely an error, I found if placed nearly out of range there seems to be no hand shaking so it can stick on heat, or no heat, and even when placed where it can set the base unit it is very slow to start controlling again.

However moving it around found that having it close to radiator worked better than away from radiator.

I wonder if my problems are due to too many items that are wireless in the house?

Sponsored Links
Sadly I replaced the receiver and the problem persists. So it's not the receiver....

By the way, ericmark, when my receiver was working I had a similar problem to yours. I suspected that the next door neighbours had the same unit which was causing interference. I changed the frequency that the unit uses by removing a jumper switch on the transmitter and changing the corresponding dip switch on the receiver, this fixed that problem. Instructions on how to do this are in the Horstman manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back