Hosepipe ban.. is using it for cement mixer exempt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I want to mix some concrete tomorrow for a shed base but need to use a hose for the mixer. Is this allowed for domestic building or diy work?
I'm in Oxfordshire if that helps.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Who cares tbh

Use the hose pipe and just ignore it

Any do gooder pokes there nose in tell em to mind there bussiness

I would say you cannot use one,had a quick look on their website. I would just use a watering can if possible, or a bucket. If you must use one I would say contact Thames water first.

Hi all
I want to mix some concrete tomorrow for a shed base but need to use a hose for the mixer. Is this allowed for domestic building or diy work?
I'm in Oxfordshire if that helps.
Thanks

Common sense suggests, that a using a hosepipe you will spill and waste less, than using buckets - really, that is all that matters.

Sponsored Links
I'm on good terms with the neighbour's so shall probably go ahead and use it. I think the rules state if I pay a guy in the trade to use it for me then it's all legal but that doesnt really make sense to me. As it's me paying the water bill I'm going to be more careful with the amount used surely than a tradesmen who's not paying the bill. Interesting conundrum...

Tradesmen get your measure when you want to save a couple of quid.
Halloween beckons, have you always worked on the principal if you were a ghost you wouldn't scare anyone?

I'm not going to be working in the dark if that's what you mean

I used to be in the trade so I'm not keen on paying someone to do a job for me when I can do it myself

It's silly. You may not fill a watering can with a hose. Stoopid..
You aren't washing or watering, so go ahead.
If you have a Blue Badge, you can... :rolleyes:

I think the idea is not to prevent people from earning their living.

Nuxuki,
Rules are here. https://www.thameswater.co.uk/help/water-restrictions/legal-notice

In summary (filling cement mixer not included so you are ok) following uses are prohibited:

1. Watering a garden using a hosepipe;
  2. Cleaning a private motor-vehicle (and trailers) using a hosepipe;
  3. Watering plants on domestic or other non-commercial premises using a hosepipe;
  4. Cleaning a private leisure boat using a hosepipe;
  5. Filling or maintaining a domestic swimming or paddling pool*;
  6. Drawing water, using a hosepipe, for domestic recreational use;
  7. Filling or maintaining a domestic pond using a hosepipe;
  8. Filling or maintaining an ornamental fountain*;
  9. Cleaning walls or windows of domestic premises using a hosepipe;
  10. Cleaning paths or patios using a hosepipe;
  11. Cleaning other artificial outdoor surfaces using a hosepipe.

Sponsored Links
Back