Hot tap bathroom. Vibrates like a machine gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, thanks in advance.

My upstairs bathroom HOT tap (mixer tap) HOT ONLY (COLD IS FINE) VIBRATES when on.

To stop vibration i i ha to let less water out. But the stream is verry small.

Only happens to one tap

Kitchen/shower ect is fine

Will changing the tap fix? As to me, thats an easy and reletivly cheep fix.

Or is it something else?

Thanks.

I tried to upload vid but file was too large. :/

Sponsored Links
As per Herts P&D, or the insert if a quarter turn tap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200104-122547.png
    Screenshot_20200104-122547.png
    940.4 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
Ah, ok clicker waste (after a quick google) is the plug. So thats fine :)

UPDATE:

CHANGED THE TAP
PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS.
so what else could it be?

I hazerd. Guess that maybe its a water presure problem? Maybe not enough? But strange that it happens to this tap ONLY. How would i i about sorting that? Our system is the "old" way. Boiler. Hot water tank. Cold water tank in loft.

Have you checked the float valve that serves the hot water cylinder?

Your cylinder is fed from a cold water storage cistern (aka tank), which when you run hot water from your cylinder the hot water drawn gets replenished with cold water by this cistern. If the valve washer has perished, then chances are this could be the cause of some noise. If you changed the tap, is it still this tap that makes the noise?

But the problem only occurs with this perticular tap.

As an intrest,
I was playing around with the isolator valve by the hot water pipe into the tap. With the tap on hot fullblast, it will make the noise n water will be on off on off on off. But as i turn the isolator off it stops, the water runs of course, but slower, but no noise, no judder

This is the new tap. The problem persists. As you can see towards the end of the vid.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back