hot tubs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
some pals of ours up in the village have a hot tub in their back garden.

Our boys have been invited to go in it several times with their kids and we have let them. (no issues or concerns there)

We have been invited to go over for drinks and to have a go in it with them on several occassions.
I have no worries before anyone starts... about it really being a sex party or the like!!!!

However... I have never been in one and I wonder what the enjoyment is?
we live in a cold climate at the best of times.

Do we go in costumes? do we sit there for hours... surely getting all shrivelled?
is it hot or luke warm?...

do people change the water with each use? or is it like a pool where ... well... its just not clean??? :eek:

maybe im just boring and uneducated in these matters... but can someone enlighten me?

the idea of stripping off in our climate to sit in a bath is nt excitin... or am I just gettin old?

Sponsored Links
Who'd want to get into a bath with another couple (unless it was a party)?

Much easier to chat around a table.

Sounds 'fishy' to me.

joe, I dont think its at all 'odd'.. I do not believe there is any sexual tone whatsoever..
If anything, it is to show off their tub.

I just think its an expensive waste of money in our climate.

they must be expensive to heat.

In a tub that size, how do you avoid touching each other (inadvertantly)?

The 'village people' are far more kinky than us town folk are.

Showing off a tub is even worse! Who would want to spend time with such egotists?

Sponsored Links
oh joe... you are funny!

How do you decide that villagers are more kinky than townies??? (actually, better not answer!)

I know they are showing off a little but they are just proud of their tub, like some people show off their new car or new kitchen etc etc. and we can all be guilty of that at times.

I just cant see the attraction and wondered if anyone had one... it just seems a waste.

You know, how long does it take to warm up?
when would you use it in the british climate?

I just... cant see the point of them.

Just get pi##ed and have a game of spin the bottle but make sure you keep the top on otherwise it will not spin v-good :LOL: ;)

toffee said:
oh joe... you are funny!

How do you decide that villagers are more kinky than townies??? (actually, better not answer!)

I know they are showing off a little but they are just proud of their tub, like some people show off their new car or new kitchen etc etc. and we can all be guilty of that at times.

I just cant see the attraction and wondered if anyone had one... it just seems a waste.

You know, how long does it take to warm up?
when would you use it in the british climate?

I just... cant see the point of them.

It makes no diff how long it takes to warm up, because it will/should be warm before you get there. Once your in then it makes no diffwhat the weathers like outside because you'll be warm in the tub. it's getting out when you'll feel the cold. :LOL:

toffee said:
Do we go in costumes? do people change the water with each use? or is it like a pool where ... well... its just not clean??? :eek:

dont wear speedos!

ok.. I can imagine the getting in, hot bubbly water, sink down so just head poking out. (I imagine its like going in the jacuzzi at our pool.. not mine personally I might add!)

but getting out into cold air...

NO !

think i will continue to decline offer....

I still cant see the attraction for such an expensive commodity in a north of england garden!

Hi toffee, we must chat somewhen, cant seem to catch you on line.

So, how old are these friends. We all get to that 'bored' stage of marriage, fantasising about one more thow of the dice! Getting a hot tub [great idea] seems an extraordinary way of seeing/touching your neighbour in a swim suit [assumed dress code!]. I bet its a bit of fun really, the thing I would worry about is getting out of it in the cold. Well, as a bloke I need a bit of warmth to 'look my best' so to speak. I guess some of the 'bigger' boys on the forum will scoff........... From Gas

Maybe they aren't showing off but having a private laugh at others expense by peeing in the tub? ;)

Friends of ours have a hot tub and been in it a few times. Have a couple of drinks, dive in the tub, plastic wine glasses, turn up the bubbles and little twinkly underwater lights, call one of the kids to bring more drinks so you don't have to get out...it's great. Been in there watching fireworks overhead and also when it's snowing.
Yes, bloomin cold when you get out in the winter though!

toffee said:
I just think its an expensive waste of money in our climate.

they must be expensive to heat.
My hot tub is about 3 nearly years old, after a hard day work, it`s nice to jump in and totally relax yourself. The Hotsprings company will let you try their hot tubs in their warehouse in a proper room. My hot tub cost approximately 5 poünds a week to run. The hot tub cost me about 2.300 poünds for 4 adults size and is inside my summerhouse and I`m in it most evening watching the telly or my cast iron fire :D

I would say a car is dearer to run ;)

Sorry for the messy writing, I`m on a spainish keyboard, no pound sign :!: § $ Ü°° ß as you can see it`'s not easy :!:

hot tubs i have seen have "seats"

california_spa3.jpg

yes, i know, but it was the first one i found.

also anyone with such a contraption should have been told about hygiene, in short they can put either "chlorine" or "bromine" tablets in it, and periodicaly test the water, so although the water could be "old" its perfectly safe.

If they dont do it or empty / clean refill EVERY time, it can be lethal, i am being serious. as its warm water legionaires disease can become rife.
so if it smells of chlorine, its probably fine.

the same is also true of fountains, and public swimming pools, although they are tending to go for silver ion ionosation or ozone purification

Sponsored Links
Back