Hot water but no central heating - Ideal Logic 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had this problem a few months ago, where we had heating but no hot water, and the problem was solved by one of the methods (not sure which as we did all of this at once and it could have been any of them or none of them) - I changed the batteries in the (Honeywell wireless) thermostat, synchronized the thermostat again with the receiver box next to the boiler, pulled out the white pipe under the boiler which apparently can get blocked and emptied it, left the boiler turned off at the plug for several hours, and, while it didn't fix it that day, the heating came on the next day.
Up until the point that it began to work again, every time we reset it, hot water would reach the radiators and the pipes would warm up for a few minutes and then go cold again.

A few times at random over the last three/four months since that happened, we have had random days where the heating failed to start as per the automatic timer in the morning and had to be turned on by turning the thermostat down to 0 and then back up to the desired temp, and most times it would work at the time, and a few times it didn't work again until the following day.

This time, since Friday, the heating has remained off, I have gone through all of the steps as mentioned (except resyncing the thermostat, as I can see that they are synced by the fact that the green light on the receiver blinks when I turn the stat), and when I power the boiler off, and then back on, the blue (pilot?) light comes on, and the display shows a "0" (or occasionally "P" for preheat).
I have also checked the pressure gauge and it is between 1 and 2, at the usual pressure that we switch it to when we need to adjust that.
We have hot water, the boiler's water will reach the radiators for a time (indicating to me that it probably isn't a blockage), I've tried playing with the timers, and switching to "continuous" in case the timers were presenting a problem, the pressure is up, the display isn't showing an error code, just a "0" which according to the manual means that it is waiting for the call for the water. I have no idea what it could be, any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an external control fault rather than a boiler fault , can you override the external controls ??

It has an override button, though I don't really know what I'm doing with it, I don't have a manual. I can have a look right now, what would you suggest I do with it? I've switched it off from timer program to continuous, and there is an override button that I've pressed a few times during my attempts at fixing it, but I don't notice any difference.

I can take pictures of any part of it if it helps with the diagnosis of the issue?

Sponsored Links
Are they Honeywell controls ? If so push the grey button on the receiver which should be next to the boiler. Take some pics would be handy.
Edit just run thru your first post cos I didn't read the whole thing, push the grey button on the receiver. Does that bring it on?

VW8rBkE.jpg

L3DicZ2.jpg

Does this help?

The green light on the receiver is on, if that's what you mean?

Pressing it(the grey button on the left) turns the green light off, and then back on again. Do you think it might be worth re-syncing it? It seems to be synced fine, it reacts to the thermostat - if I turn the thermostat to 0 it turns off and when I turn the thermostat up to say 25 or 30, it lights back up.

It's not a boiler fault as if there was demand for heating there would be a C in the display.
You could bridge out the external controls inside the boiler at the terminal strip but as the combustion case has to come off for that I'm afraid you can't do that.

So basically there is nothing I can do at all until the plumber services it next week? :(

Pressing it(the grey button on the left) turns the green light off, and then back on again. Do you think it might be worth re-syncing it? It seems to be synced fine, it reacts to the thermostat - if I turn the thermostat to 0 it turns off and when I turn the thermostat up to say 25 or 30, it lights back up.

Have you followed the proper instructions? Or just pushed a few buttons and hoped for the best? There's a button if you take the front off the room stat to resync them if you follow the factory reset on install instructions. them Honeywell stats are so sh1t.

It's not a boiler fault as if there was demand for heating there would be a C in the display.
You could bridge out the external controls inside the boiler at the terminal strip but as the combustion case has to come off for that I'm afraid you can't do that.

Could do it from the receiver back plate though ;)

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back