Hot Water cuts off....

C

chesketh

We have a Ravenheat littlestar, which is around 4-5yrs old. It is serviced every year. Just recently, it has developed an issue with the HW. When the HW is turned on, we hear a click, the fan starts up, then the gas lights. After a few seconds, and this is random, the has supply appears to Cut out, the noises made or just as if the tap has been turned off. After a few more seconds, the fan starts up again, and gas lights up, but on occasion the fan starts up, and then cuts out almost immediately. This can go on at random intervals, and can keep on or after a few times, stops doing this. A heating engineer has been out, and sods law, it would not do it for him. After coming out a few times, at no charge, as he could find no fault, he replaced one of the sensors, I think it was the flame sensor, but no luck. I did turn down the HW dial on the boiler, and this seemed to do the trick for a day or so, but nw the same again... Does anyone have any ideas as to what this may be. The CH is absolutely fine, and does not cut out.

Sponsored Links
it could be the hw thermistor, common to fail on these boilers... that would be my first port of call, the htg thermistor can also cause hot water problems too.

but maybe a hw diaphragm problem or hw microswitch........

Having a Ravenheat is the problem, "serviced every year" you say...

Having a Ravenheat is the problem, "serviced every year" you say...

Dont quite understand..... i said I have it serviced, thats what happens....

@kitch0978, thanks for the advice. The plumber that fitted the part that he thought was wrong, and was not was paid. I presume if I get him back, I will be charged for any other parts he may try.....

Sponsored Links
get someone in who will find wat the problem is by testing components...not someone who is gonna change parts til its fixed. its not always as clear cut as that but a decent rgi will be able to narrow problem down. it could also be the min burner presure on gas valve not set correctly....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back