Hot water cylinder jacket for 600mm diam cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I’ve recently fitted a Joule Cyclone 250L short hot water cylinder so I can heat water using excess PV solar in the summer.

As this will only heat when I’ve got spare solar I’m keen to avoid heat losses as much as possible but I can’t find a cylinder jacket for a 24” diam cylinder.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

If not I’ll cobble something together

Cheers

Sponsored Links
An old continental quilt would be easiest if you feel the need

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
this will work fine

one may need additional segments so buy two

my pre-lagged cylinder has two. the pipes are also well lagged.

it does keep the airing cupboard quite cool so it will not dry damp items

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies folks.

To pick up on a couple of points:
  • Yes, the tank is pre insulated but has various metal connections which get hot to the touch. I’m keen to trap as much heat as possible which is why I’m going with the jacket idea - every little helps. I have lagged all the pipe work already.
  • Good call on the old Duvet option - I will look into what I’ve got kicking around.
  • The tank is in the cellar (I don’t have an airing cupboard) and anything I can do to stop that warming up would be good as it’s where I keep my, meagre, wine collection!
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back