Hot water from one tap only!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can help!! I recently changed my kitchen tap and (not sure if this is pure coincidence), but ever since hot water only flows from one tap. The tap that flows hot is located in my utility room nearest the boiler.
I can get hot water from all taps/shower but i have to turn my utility room hot tap on full the combi boiler to 'fire up'm, only then will hot water come out the rest of the taps. Clearly this is not ideal as its a massive inconvenience!!
HELP APPRECIATED! ;)

THANKS

Sponsored Links
PS Central heating is fine too!Combi is a Jaguar (not sure model as at work but will check)

also pressure coming from hot taps is fine too just wont fire the boiler up, hope this makes sense :rolleyes:

Sound like the hot water diaphragm is on its last legs, possibly a small split, and the increased flow is required to make the microswitch. Jaguar parts are sometimes a wee bit hard to get a hold of, but the diaphragm on this boiler is the same as that on a vokera maxin.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, how much we talking for replacement part?easy to get hold of?is thsi something i can check easily?many thanks again

could it be anything else?just seems odd that it was after i changed the tap!or could be total coincidence! :confused:

ps the link you have sent me looks exactly like my boiler!which diapragm would i need to order (suggestions where from?i notice ebay sell some!), thanks for everyones input here its much appreciated!!

model no. does not seem to bring up correct item, can someone suggest where i can get correct diaphragm from, cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back