Hot water Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, got a strange hot water problem, recently the hot water at my bath mixer tap is only getting slightly warm about hot enough for a shower. In the same bathroom the hot tap on the sink is working fine great pressure and as hot as you would ever need. The same at the only other hot tap down in the kitchen.

It only seems to have happened since we had some work done on the water main in our street (they replaced the majority of it I think).

Its a Vokera 25HE Combi and its in a cupboard on the upstairs landing and I would say the pipe work from boiler to bath wouldn't be more than 4-5 mts.

My guess was something to do with a change of incoming pressure, and the reason the bath was only one affected was due to larger bore pipework and short run, maybe not building up enough pressure?? I have tried it fully open and then tried throttling it back none of which makes a noticeable difference.

I have had a look on the boiler and I have a black knob handled valve on the cold water feed which is clearly marked with open and shut arrows.

Would closing this valve slightly and dropping the incoming pressure allow the boiler to get the water upto correct temp?? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you're getting hot water at other taps and you've throttled the bath tap down its almost certainly a mixer tap problem. If you have isolating valves on bath taps close the cold one and try the hot. Or you could try closing the cold feed to the boiler (the valve you mentioned under the boiler) then open the hot side of the bath mixer, you shouldn't get anything coming out (except for a small initial dribble). If it keeps running cold your'e mixer's knackered.

The problem with the mixer tap is its pretty much open or shut. I closed the cold supply to the boiler a touch and it seems to have done the trick. The water at the mixer is nice and hot, not the greatest pressure, but then it never was. It runs the shower perfectly and just takes a bit longer to run a bath. thanks for the advice anyway!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back