Hot water noise - trying to diagnose!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My neighbours above me have an immersion and whenever they use hot water, this noise has plagued my flat as well as the flats below me and above them. Their plumber can't seem to fix it or identify the fault. It's such a loud noise that you can hear it over the TV, in every room of the flat and it even wakes me up (not good when you have neighbours that shower at midnight...)
Has anyone ever heard anything like this? Or does anyone have any idea what I can suggest to their plumber to try please? I'd really like to watch a movie without having this noise butting in!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sounds more like a shower pump to me...(the intermittent very loud noise with some 50Hz in it) tho not sure why it would be intermittent.

I used to live in a place with pumped water from a well. I've heard of people with a saniflow that also pumps away water from a shower.

I think we can be confident that the electric immersion heater itself is not the source of noise, since it has no moving parts.

Sponsored Links
I passed this on to the upstairs agent and the plumber is going to replace the pump on 13th. I will come back and let you know if it works! Thank you so much for your suggestions!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back