Hot water not reaching temp...?

My best guess then, is that the HW input port was somehow stuck or obstructed. Your adjusting it today, unstuck it, or cleared the obstruction..

Sponsored Links
Okay thanks Harry and so happy it’s resolved! Going to celebrate with a non tepid bath

I have just had another think about it....

That is an open vented system cold water tank maybe in the loft(?), so your HW pressure will be much lower than the mains cold water supply. Thermostatic mixer need a minimum pressure to work effectively - I wonder if the mixer might have been suffering from too low and HW pressure? You have adjusted the mixer valve for full flow from HW, which might have been enough to allow a decent HW flow..

Harry, I think that you've hit the nail on the head and there is indeed a cold tank in the loft. I didn't realise that they required a minimum pressure to work effectively.

Have you had any thoughts on the stove setup? I just want to ensure that its working effectively and I'm receiving the most efficiency out of any wood burning over the coming winter months. I ideally want it to be providing for the underfloor heating throughout the house if at all possible?

Sponsored Links
Harry, I think that you've hit the nail on the head and there is indeed a cold tank in the loft. I didn't realise that they required a minimum pressure to work effectively.

Have you had any thoughts on the stove setup? I just want to ensure that its working effectively and I'm receiving the most efficiency out of any wood burning over the coming winter months. I ideally want it to be providing for the underfloor heating throughout the house if at all possible?

None at all, I'm only a DIY'er and that is outside my experience - there are some experts on here who might be able to help, but I suggest you start a separate thread for that..

Okay many thanks for all the help Harry and will do.

For a diy’er you sound like you ha r more experience than many of the plumbers I’ve had in the past.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back