Hot water recovery rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had a new boiler installed Worcester Greenstar 30 Cdi regular retaining the same cylinder Telford 42x18 indirect. The recovery rate to reach temp.of 60 degrees is now 3hours with the boiler set at 5 giving flow temp. of 65degrees. I would appreciate any advice to speed up recovery rate. The primaries are 15mm pumped

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing the Telford is a fairly old cylinder and doesn't have a rapid recovery heat exchanger coil inside ?

Replacing the cylinder and increasing the flow temperature could likely get recovery down to 20mins or thereabouts.

You should always have a differential of at LEAST 10° C between cylinder set temperature and boiler flow temperature.

Furthermore its best to time HW to be different from when heating is on as well so whole boiler output can go to the HW although in your case that's unlikely to be a problem as your boiler is already oversized unless you live in an 8 bedroom mansion.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing the Telford is a fairly old cylinder and doesn't have a rapid recovery heat exchanger coil inside ?

Replacing the cylinder and increasing the flow temperature could likely get recovery down to 20mins or thereabouts.

Thanks for your advice. The cylinder is pretty old-I guess over 15 years.
Could you recommend any make with rapid recovery rate heat exchanger? I would prefer a similar copper cylinder so to keep pipework to a minimum in a very restricted area

You should always have a differential of at LEAST 10° C between cylinder set temperature and boiler flow temperature.

Furthermore its best to time HW to be different from when heating is on as well so whole boiler output can go to the HW although in your case that's unlikely to be a problem as your boiler is already oversized unless you live in an 8 bedroom mansion.

Tony
Many thanks for your advice re temperature differential. The HW was the only demand on the boiler when I quoted the recovery times

A change of control pack and cylinder only plus improved insulation would've given you far more economy for much less money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back