hot water seldoms comes in the bathroom

Sponsored Links
Tliak that wasn't a plumber you had in it was a F*$£ING idiot.

Any decent plumber would have had a look in the tank, if water was in it why change a ballcock (extra bucks).

You have an air lock.

The pipe to the kitchen probably comes off first and the bathroom probnably off a long run across the attic.

Think of it this way. The pipe has to rise (or at least be level) from the tap to the top connection on the cylinder (not stricktly true but trying to put it over in laymans terms). Your photos show the wrong pipes (heating). You are only concerned with the pipe that comes off the top of the cylinder.

Pipes can get bent by people crawling over them or they might never have been put in right in the first place.

Check for dips and RISES in the pipe to the bathroom (follow it) and fix them. Copper bends easily :eek:

Check the size of pipe that is coming from the black tank to the cylinder. With both being in the loft the one from the black tank to the cylinder should be bigger. If it is the same size it WILL draw air in.

BTW get a decent registered plumber not a course cowboy :eek:

he was works for the national grid and lots of people i know recommended him to me. He said that the plumbing in the house is badly done.

If you are available, will you be able to fix it. I want to upgrade the bathroom in future and get a combi boiler, all I want for the moment is constant hot water.

Sponsored Links
True, but that don`t make him a plumber :idea: Theres a guy on here who`s *agile* enough to get up in there to look - and does both plumbing and gas, in London. ;)

True, but that don`t make him a plumber :idea: Theres a guy on here who`s *agile* enough to get up in there to look - and does both plumbing and gas, in London. ;)

brilliant. all i want is a continious hot water. thats all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back