Hotpoint FFA52 Fridge/Freeze Blowing Fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all

My fridge appears to be stuffed. It's blowing fuses the second I put them in, can't hear the compressor attempt to run.

Anybody have experience with this model and what I can try to do, to troubleshoot it with a multi meter? I suspect compressor but I'm hoping not

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Resistance check the compressor across the connections & to earth, suppressor might be the problem so measure that as well & try bypassing it.

Thanks mate. What kind of resistance should be on the suppressor?

Wondering if there could be any other faults blowing the fuse like that... something must have shorted somewhere

Try changing the plug. Done a few cos the molded plug has had a few problems.

Sponsored Links
Rock's sounds like a good idea. I don't know what value you would get as you are measuring across a capacitor, as long as it is not a short it should be ok. You would need to do it with the wires disconnected because if it is a short in the plug it will show up as you are checking the suppressor. The other thing I thought you should check would be if the recirculating fan has seized up if there is one in the bottom of the appliance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back