hotpoint mistral f/f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our fridge freezer appears to be on the blink. temperatures are reading +18 and -11 at the moment, they have been rising all day, and for the last couple of days now. cleaned the hot coils at the bottom, thought this might be the cause, but its still rising. now the freezer is flashing a thermometer, for temperature alert. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
BUMP

Anyway, i think i have concluded that the circulating fan is knackered. It used to make a horrid noise when the fan was operating, now all we can hear is the compressor and coolant circulating. Where will i find said fan? and is it an easy article to change? Where will i find a replacement? I want to make my mother happy :LOL:

no idea where it is but you will get one from a good appliance repair shop, try our friend google

I found a webite called ukwhitegoods, it appears a common fault with mistrals. I have dismantled the back of the freezer compartment and left it to defrost. Will leave it off for a day or so, and try powering it up again. If it still dont work properly, that site seems to suggest that the 2 thermisters on the freezer panel may need replacing, several people there have done this and it worked, it appears it is a job for the competant DIYer (me), as the 2 thermisters simply plug into the back of the freezer and just need cable-ties on them.

Meanwhile, my mum's bought a new f/f. :rolleyes:

And i couldnt believe how big the coil area is in the freezer, you'd think it was a big dairy chiller or something with the number of coils! Anyway, its dripping nicely now :cool: Thankfully we have a spare fridge in the shed, but we lost what was left in the freezer. There wasn't much in there though. phew.

That website actually has a 9 page sticky about my particular freezer :LOL: just my luck!!!! "the mistral megathread" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Go to search and have a look under Hotpoint Error Code .I had a similer problem some time ago......

Advent said:
Go to search and have a look under Hotpoint Error Code .I had a similer problem some time ago......
its not showing an error code. anyway its being sorted, parts on way.

We have had this as a on going problem for the last 2 years, we have had hotpoint out to it on 3 occasions, each time they visit they replace the parts the previous engineer did, works for a while then dies again. Sadly gone again today, thats why im here...bought a new one on-line about 10 mins ago. This must be a design fault.
Oh well weve only had ruined food 4 times in 6 years.....i will keep stum on what i think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back