hotpoint ultima condenser tumble drier tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advise on trouble shooting why this has suddenly started tripping the consumer unit after 18 months use. My thoughts are it could either be a short or increased load drawing too much current. Have cleaned filters etc, had top off and no obvious wires loose etc. Plug, however, is one of those without any screws, so can't check if thats the source of the problem. If all else fails thought I'd just replace the plug.

Also any advice about what I should do with my Empire Direct 3 year warranty greatly appreciated. :mad:

BTW it is the RCCB that trips out.

Sponsored Links
have you got the model number ,ie tdc ctd etc

undo the rear banjo panel you will find the heater behind it is wet ,if so dry it out with a hair dryer and then clean condenser at the front ,put hand in the big hole with the condenser removed and remove the wet fluff from the back .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back