Hotpoint WF541 (door lock, Wash & on lights flashing!) H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. I've just moved into a new house that has a washing machine already here. A Hotpoint Aquarius WF541.

I've just gone to use it for the first time, it took in water for about a minute or two....it then stopped, and three lights started flashing. It hasn't done a thing since & the washing is stuck inside!

The three lights that are flashing are the "Door Locked" light, the "Wash" light and the "On/Off" light.

I've tried switching it off, unplugging it and trying again but the light illuminate & then start flashing again.

Please can anyone help!???

Sponsored Links
does it have a drain cycle you can set it to so that you can drain the machine and at least unlock the door/get your washing out?

it won't let me do anything....if I put it on the drain cycle, it just makes a random whirring noise and almost all the lights starts flashing. But no draining and no washing :(

Sponsored Links
I've got the printed instruction manual, but is says nothing anywhere in it about that combination of buttons flashing.
It only gives light combinations for things like 'door not shut/shutting properly' or 'machine failed to take in water' or 'blocked filters'......none of which are the problem.

I'm at a bit of a loss really after searching the internet for answers.
I wonder if the circuit board or something has gone cuckoo seeing as it hasn't been used for a few weeks!?

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

f1 and f17 share the same light in your one error fo1 pcb gone ex pcb from here http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=category&id=1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back