Hotpoint WF541 - pump broken?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

My Hotpoint WF541 stopped working on Christmas Day. The error lights were 1,3,4 - in the book this told me a pump error.

So we took the filter out and found 4 coins, took them out, and hey presto - thought the problem was fixed.

Between then and now we have been doing our usual family washing, a couple of loads a day no problem.

However today the problem returned - exactly the same. This time the filter is empty. So.... we unscrewed the pump and found another 2 coins.

Put it all back together but still no luck - error message the same.

There is no sound coming from the pump.

Any help on the next steps would be gratefully received.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Is the pump wires connected at the back of the pump.

Test the pump with a continuity tester at the 2 connections at the rear of the pump. If it bleeps it's ok that means pcb shot. It it don't bleep pumps kaput

Sponsored Links
OK, so I went along to Maplins to get a continuity tester :)

Just tried it, and the black wire makes it light up - the red wire doesn't.

Regards

Claire

Put the tester on the two connections on the pump you are testing the coil on the pump. You will see what I mean when u unplug the wires from the pump.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it lights up - so pcb gone?

What can I do next.

Thank you so much, much appreciated.

go for a recon pcb from emw 45 quid plug and play ,google them there in nottingham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back