Hotpoint WM 51 heater replacement. Where IS it...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

First time poster, long time lurker (mainly on electrics UK).

The title says it all really. I am trying to check the heating element in one of the above.

Machnine works, does not heat water - I'll check the element with a multi-meter for resistance and probably need to change it - but where is it and how to get to it??

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Colin

Sponsored Links
Cabinet Front off for access heater is at the bottom centre of the outer tub. will have three connections L. N. E. they may be individual spade conns or a push on plug. continuity check thro L. N. you will probably find open circuit. Unscrew centre nut in the middle of the heater base this decompresses the heater seal and tease out slowly one side then the other reverse procedure if fitting new one

Hi Tockworth, thanks for the top information. I checked the heater (25 ohms) which seems OK. I'm not sure about the thermostat (about 13,000 ohms)

To cut a long story short, I've replaced the machine now - wasn't keen to have to change the programmer....

Cheers again for the help.

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back