Hotpoint WMA44

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
washing machine belt has snapped it was on a cycle at the time and now the inner drum has a lot of resistance is this normal or has the bearings gone. can it be fixed easy or do i need a new machine.

Sponsored Links
Poss a sock jammed in the drum. Slide the lifter back inside the drum and look inside

Look into the drum with lifter out and you might see it then pull it out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that took the lifters out and saw no obstruction but resistance gaveway once i released one of the lifters out took all out and no reisistance cleaned limescale away and seems better but think balance on drum has gone as one of lifter was scratching base.

Are you sure lifter was doing it and not a bra wire or coin in the drum.

No coins or wire unlees they feel through water pipe when released but the actual drum is scratching outer base and does make a noise when spun manually.

Is the inner drum loose. Ie got play in it does it lift up more than a few millimetres

No seems fine but when looked on other sites I am begging to think the bearings have gone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back