Hotpoint WMA58

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone help.Even after fitting a new door interlocking switch, the door open light flashes indicating that the door has not locked. have followed the three wires from the door switch to the back of the panel. all three wires show continuity. there is power at the board conection in the middle wire which is white and is next to the black one. no power in the third wire which is also white. Any help would be welcome as would details of a wiring diagram. Thanks Des

Sponsored Links
I know this is not what you want to hear but it will most likely be the computer board that as gone also. With this model (WMA series) the interlock sometimes flashes over and takes the board out and usually both have to be changed.

One thing to double check is if you have just fitted new door lock make absolutely sure it is aligned correctly with the latch.Have you tried puuting a bit pressure against the door to see if it electronically locks. If it does refit interlock making sure latch hits interlock housing correctly.

Hi Thanks very much for responding. We have now bought another washer.
It seems the board/ interlock need to be changed as a pair. On the board there are no burn marks so I was thinking maybe that changing the two IC's would reinstate the board, anyone tried this fix? Thanks. Des.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the update If the pcb is faulty generally speaking white goods techs usually change the complete pcb rather than get down to component level fixes.

tockworth said:
Thanks for the update If the pcb is faulty generally speaking white goods techs usually change the complete pcb rather than get down to component level fixes.

Component level repair would cost more in labour, less in parts, and only the parts replaced would be covered by a warranty.
I can imagine a recall and telling the customer a different component on the board had failed and they'd have to pay again. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back