Hotter water wanted from cylinder

One picture shows three valves. I’m lost now but does that mean that there are three circuits? Hot water, downstairs and upstairs heating maybe? I’ll have to leave it to the experts now but I just can’t see where you would adjust the hot water temperature on the hot water cylinder. Or how you would have the water heated by the boiler but not have the heating in the summer.

Sponsored Links
Hope this is clearer.

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_173315.jpg
    IMG_20201105_173315.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Yup, you have a convoluted S plan.

As suggested the single channel programmer in the same cupboard as the cylinder will control one of the 2 port valves that are on the vertical on the back wall that is connected to the cylinder and will then switch the boiler when the programmer is calling for hot water (possibly wired through the cylinder stat too). The other 2 port valve beside it will be connected to the rads and will be controlled by the programmable room thermostat, that will also switch the boiler when calling for room heat.

The 3rd 2 port valve in the forefront will be a safety valve that can be either controlled by the stat on the cylinder and or the same single channel programmer in the cupboard, which is a fail safe to protect the cylinder from overheat if the primary valve fails.

Wow...these systems are complex and smart.
One last question.....where on the cylinder is the thermostat ....as I can't see one??!!

Get the unvented serviced, along with the boiler if it needs it and ask the qualifed engineer if he can check the setting and ensure it's set to 60Deg.

My newish shower is as good as behind the water cylinder, but in a different room obviously, yet the control needs to be turned to its farthest (hottest) setting for the water to be acceptably warm.
I've attached a photo of the boiler.... although the accompanying book suggests that turning the control on the right adjusts the temperature of the flow (??).
What do I need to adjust?

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_081610.jpg
    IMG_20201106_081610.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201106_081629.jpg
    IMG_20201106_081629.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 49
A pal suggested a faulty shower ....not sure about that though. Cylinder and boiler are just feet apart.

What shower do you have. If taps give hot enough water ,but shower doesn't ,the issue is the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back