House beam install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We are having the entire corner of our house taken out and in its place is a 305 x 305 beam, which literally weighs a tonne!

Has anyone used the micro cranes before? And if so, did it make the job easier?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
OP, you say " We are having" - do you mean you are using contractors for the work?
If you are using contractors then why would you want to know about using a "micro crane"?

Hi,
We are having the entire corner of our house taken out and in its place is a 305 x 305 beam, which literally weighs a tonne!

Has anyone used the micro cranes before? And if so, did it make the job easier?

Thank you
Anything that makes a job less difficult is a boon.

I have used large domestic type cranes. They are both sedate and deliberate. The drivers are trained to be unhurried, which I really like. If micro cranes are anything like (bucking bronco) micro diggers, then I'd stay well away. When you have a tonne of steel swinging from a boom, you want big - slow - steady.
Jobs like yours are all in the prep, like having temporary landing zones for the steel, whilst you 'feed' it into place.

Sponsored Links
OP, you say " We are having" - do you mean you are using contractors for the work?
If you are using contractors then why would you want to know about using a "micro crane"?
Why do you ask questions with no purpose other than to see your own verbosity ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back