House extension quote seems exessive

Er... i think the main gripe Indus is when diyers assume they have "crossed over" into pro territory and have the right to attribute their half assed efforts into pounds shillings and pence whist at the same time forgetting that us pro's have to pay income tax, liability insurance, employers liability, van costs, tool costs, accounts, weather shortfall, zero holidays, marriage guidance, shrink tax, etc etc.

It's fine being a builder for a couple of weeks in the Summer, but as for sticking your chest out and claiming to be the next Bob messiah because you have built a porch....don't make me laugh! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I really don't understand the reaction of some people on this forum sometimes. This is a diy forum isn't it? Given the clue is in the title why do you get so annoyed when somebody wants advice on exactly that subject ie how to do it yourself??

I agree with the point on this being a DIY forum, but the OP erecting his own scaffolding !!

That's a brige too far, who is going to use it ??

No professional is going to use an uncertificated scaffolding installation.

I take your points Arthur and Noseall, and actually agree.

It's just sometimes I get the impression that though this is a diy site some of the professionals get a bit miffed when people do actually try and do it themselves.

But I do take your points though!

Sponsored Links
Ive got no problem with people giving it a go, fair play to you! But.... Your own scaffolding.....you could erect It, get the brickie up there plus the bricks and it collapses, this is the kind of thinking that gets people in trouble!! Everybody thinks its so easy, its not and thats why people get hurt and killed.
:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back