house moving woes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need a bit of advice on this one as it might get rocky :eek:
3 months ago i sold my house to 1st time buyers and they gave me a removal date for 27th jan,that was'nt a problem as the house we were buying will be vacated on the 27th aswell.this was verbally confirmed when they accecpted my offer on there house.they said they will rent somewhere and it would not be a problem.to cut a long story short they are now not commiting to the agreed date as they say they cannot get a short term rental agreement or take the dog with them :mad: my buyers have new furniture delivered on the 27th so we will have to be out of the property on that day.as i've got 2 6yr old + dog i don't see why I should have to rent somewhere and find storage etc.....if i pulled out of the sale they would be £147k out of pocket but i would have the proceeds from my sale in the bank.i don't want to pull out but i don't know what to do now.to say that my sellers are acting slow would be an understatement :eek: they did not register the property when they bought it in 1982 and have not provided plans for the 3 conversions that have been carried out aswell.the seller rang me yesterday and said "do i know what solicitors do exactly,do i have to fill in any forms" :eek: my mortgage has been agreed and signed for and all i have to do now is complete but without a firm date from them to be out of the property i just don't know what to do. :( any advice please.

Sponsored Links
Your solicitor/conveyancer should really advise you.

When you say you have sold your house, have you actually exchanged contracts or merely accepted an offer?

You say they did not register the property? How did that happen? Have the conversions actually got planning permission? Again, your solicitor/conveyancer should know this. Do nothing until you know as you will only inherit the problems otherwise.

Don't do anything until you've spoken to your solicitor all the warning lights are flashing.

"do i know what solicitors do exactly,do i have to fill in any forms"

are they saying they havent got a solicitor !!!!!!!!! and are trying to ask you if they can do it without one!!!!!

dosnt sound hopfull to me but i am only guessing

three extensions without plans!!!!!!
do they comply with building or planning regulations!!!!!
are they properly built!!!!!
did you have a full survey or just the homebuyers type survey

think your in for months of delay unless i have misred the situation

but hey dont listen to me cos i aint no expert i am only a chippy

Sponsored Links
just to clear a few things up.
they have a solicitor,her husband works in the crime dept. for a firm of solicitors which is by the way the same firm that are being used by our buyers.
when the sellers were asked to fill in the form relating to bounderies etc....they ticked the box that says they have had alterations but have not forwarded the plans to my solicitor yet.
i have paid for a full survey which i am happy with.
just want them to commit to be out of the property in 3 weeks which they originally agreed to.they seem to keep moving the goalposts but i've got my solicitor to put pressure on them.grrrrrrrrrrr

Back