House refurbishment project. Plenty of pictures.

There is a lot there to be very proud of! Especially in the time you did it.

The sockets look like a pretty old design, have they been re-used?

Sponsored Links
No I believe they are Eaton branded. All new, but our daughter has been getting merry with paintbrushes. We are replacing them for MK sockets room by room as the decorating is finished. In the living room we will have metal sockets.

I like the MK Logic range, but apparently the Hager ones are almost the same and half the price. Worth considering....

Totally impressed with what you have achieved here in such a relatively short time. I have been on the "hell and back" journey of renovating an old, not done up for years, bodged about house and it took getting on for 8 years to sort it from top to bottom. Some of the jobs were significantly challenging and generally ended up being ten times worse than we originally anticipated, e.g. removing tiles from the bathroom wall becomes having to re-bed loose bricks from the wall behind. One massive factor for us was money, having never owned a house before, we were at times paced by the bank balance in order to purchase materials and get trades in (we had no central heating for the first two years). Really enjoyed reading your post, it has brought back many memories - both good and bad!!

Sponsored Links
Hi. Me and the Mrs have just read your thread from start to finish. Very inspiring. We too have a 1950's 3 bed semi which we are soon to extend and refurbish. What you have done there is very impressive and it just goes to show how you can take an old house and make it look like new.
Good job and thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait to get on with ours now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back