House Temperature

Can you define room temperature as the temperature at which butter will readily spread on bread???
It’s amazing what little things make us happy.
My grandfather had a coal fire which was lit 24/7 and in the kitchen of an old terraced house which made the butter perfect!

Sponsored Links
It’s amazing what little things make us happy.
My grandfather had a coal fire which was lit 24/7 and in the kitchen of an old terraced house which made the butter perfect!
Yesterday I had the pleasure of a cup of tea where the water was boiled on a pot bellied stove. I don't know how or why, but it tasted so much better for it.

Sponsored Links
It's basically a tumble dryer with a heat pump, rather than a huge duct going out the wall. You have to empty a water tray every so often.
The heat pump makes the heat for drying the clothes, with a greater efficient than a straight heater element would. If the dryer were vented the heat pump wouldn't generate enough heat to overcome the loss of pumping it out of a duct all the time, so instead the dryers are condenser type where the warm moist air is passed over cooling fins to condense the water out of it again.

I've never checked but I suppose the heat pump could also provide the cooling for the condensate to capture/recover the energy from the condensing moisture. Our heat pump dryer certainly seems to be very cheap to run compared to a standard one, but it was about 500 quid, which should be factored in

Note, you might well be able to get a continuous drain kit for your dryer so it plumbs into the waste water like the washer does, removing the need to empty the tray

That's as clothed as I get in bed.
I think a lot of people also use the same blanket year round, but it makes sense to me to swap tog ratings out to match the world temperature. Summer often sees the blanket ditched entirely and just using the sheet that would cover it in winter

Back