Houses of Parliament

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The company I work for is currently undertaking a major project to move their current head office to another brand new location in the same city. This is due to the fact that the existing buildings, while they are historically the head office of this company, are becoming too expensive to maintain and run. Moving to new premises would see less man hours being used, less maintenance costs and less enegry costs.

There is a distinct similarity here with the houses of parliament. Large old building that costs thousands, millions, every year to keep up to standard, when a modern building would cost maybe half the amount to maintain. So why do they keep spending taxpayers money on it? Wouldn't a better use be as flats? A shopping centre? A museum? :LOL: But seriously, why dont they build more modern, cheaper buildings to house the crooks and theives while they debate our future? They might feel less important and high and mighty then, and focus more on running our country.

Sponsored Links
I saw a programme on the TV about it. It's mainly a metal structure cladded in gothic cladding. BTW take a look at how much Holyrood costs. Not only that it is a major tourist draw. Getting rid of the Royals would make more sense.

Having done some work in H.O.P I can say

a They certainly spent a huge amount on the HVAC upgrade over the last 5 years
b It's a truly fantastic building when you sit and stare at it.

Sponsored Links
Ohhhh,,, up you get Tim!!!,,, you ok,? You'll have to look where you're going fella,,, it's alright, it's only a scratch. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Back