£169k per Asylum Seeker

Social cohesion is something I don't hear you speak of, do you think it just happens by magic.

It certainly doesn't arise from caging people into prison camps and hulk ships, and forbidding them to work.

Sponsored Links
Germany accepts many immigrants and still has a growing economy and very strong manufacturing industry and exports all over the world.
Most of them working, contributing to the economy, paying tax and insurance, becoming useful members of society.

What a good idea.

We should try it.

This is the elephant in the room, and its time we thought seriously about how all these refugees might actually benefit us, rather than demonising them.
Indeed.

So are they asylum seekers or economic migrants, they can't be both?

If they're economic migrants I feel they should find their own accomodations.

Sponsored Links

They can be both, we can have all the benefits of the EU without being a member.

Schrodingers Migrant.

A person who is allowed to work, earn a living, pay tax and NI, become a useful member of society, may be able to lead a decent and honest life, contribute to society, and have his own home.

But it appears that this is not what we want.

A person who is allowed to work, earn a living, pay tax and NI, become a useful member of society, may be able to lead a decent and honest life, contribute to society, and have his own home.

Lol we don't even want that for our own home born.

We want a society of serfs living paycheque to paycheque.

These knuckle draggers don't want foreigners, fine, yet they don't want to invest in the Uk homegrown populace either.

They are clinically insane yet get to vote.

So you class them as economic migrants then?

If so, I have SERIOUS problems with MY tax money being squandered on housing, clothing & feeding 'em for several months after they've landed.

If I were some poor sod born somewhere like Iran, I'd prefer to live here, for economic reasons.
I'd have to find a reason for which I could say I was being persecuted, but I'd be buggered if I'd let a little thing like that stop me.

Ironically, if you were "buggered" in Iran you'd then have a valid reason to flee & seek asylum.

I have SERIOUS problems with MY tax money being squandered on housing, clothing & feeding 'em for several months after they've landed.

You do realise that the government will squander YOUR tax money regardless, migrants or no migrants?

MY tax money being squandered on housing, clothing & feeding 'em for several months after they've landed.

You mean you would prefer it if they were allowed to work, contribute to society, earn a living, pay tax and NI like everybody else.

You mean you would prefer it if they were allowed to work, contribute to society, earn a living, pay tax and NI like everybody else.
I would prefer it if they had entered the country in a controlled immigration system & funded their own upkeep from day 1.

I find it disgusting that people are drowning in the channel because people are playing politics.

I find it disgusting that people are drowning in the channel because people are playing politics.
They wouldn't be choosing to take their own risks by getting into those boats it if they thought it wouldn't result in success.

Genuine refugees could have applied for help at any other countries along their route.

Do-gooders who want to help them actually incentivise more to try it, ulitimately resulting in more deaths. Sadly many don't seem to understand the concept of unintended consequences.

Sponsored Links
Back