Money saving asylum seeker pilot scheme abandoned

Why are we rolling over for those who take massive dangers with their own and their kids' lives?
We aren't. We are rejecting all of them. Not only the "economic migrants", but every last one, whatever their status.

Sponsored Links
Pragmatic only if you close your eyes to reality. Do you really not see any issues with giving random illegal immigrants a house on arrival?

It's a house that someone based here could live in, in a country that's desperately short of housing.

But most importantly it's a pull factor, it incentivises all the other economic migrants they tell about it or who hear about it via the media to have a go for themselves. Many others will be more likely to risk their own and their children's lives by chucking themselves on a giant lilo in the ocean.

Arer the do-gooders really so half-witted that they don't seem to see beyond their dreamy ideals of being nice to everyone and making the world a lovely place? They are inadvertently making the world a much worse and more dangerous place and possibly costing lives as a result of this nonsense.

The current system of Conservative hatred towards immigrants isn’t exactly discouraging people coming here

I am sorry you are so misguided.

Sponsored Links
Every adult (except those who have been trafficked) who enters the UK via small boat etc. without the appropriate passport, visa or leave is guilty of s24 of the immigration act. Those who assist others by piloting/steering/helming/etc may be guilty of a s25 offence. They are therefore all illegal immigrants

Until the UK rejects the 1951 refugee convention and ECHR, people arriving by boat have a right to claim asylum.

Being an asylum seeker is a legal status.

Just because you support the Conservative govt that have passed the “illegal migrants bill” , doesn’t mean you are correct - the bill is illegal.

You are wrong

It is easy to prove, please answer this:

Is the government automatically arresting, jailing and deporting every person arriving by small boat?
it depends what day of the week it is for him to answer that.

he will ( he has) try to suggest everyone is arrested and detained. We ALL know it's not true, but when you ask him if so, he says, yup

I didn't suggest that either. The problem is we have now decided not to accept anyone at all from certain countries, no matter how dire their lives and needs are, You might be happy with that, I'm not.
I'd be happy if it was true. Dry your eyes mate. Plenty of scroungers getting in to keep you and your virtue signalling chums happy.

You are wrong

It is easy to prove, please answer this:

Is the government automatically arresting, jailing and deporting every person arriving by small boat?
You are out of date I’m afraid. New rules came in to force earlier this year. I’ve posted the current CPS guidelines. For now they are targeting those who meet aggravating factors. All can be prosecuted, all are illegal immigrants, none will be granted refugee status.

That’s according to the government at least. The judiciary seems to be upholding the amendments with some 200/600 depending on source currently being convicted/held on remand. since the changes this March.

Time will tell if it works. To argue that unless 100% are prosecuted I must be wrong, is the same as arguing that because not all drug dealers are in prison, it must be legal to sell illegal drugs..

I appreciate that some people don’t like the governments approach but this is the law they have brought in to force.

it depends what day of the week it is for him to answer that.

he will ( he has) try to suggest everyone is arrested and detained. We ALL know it's not true, but when you ask him if so, he says, yup
How can you know anything when you don’t do the research?

.... none will be granted refugee status.

But they'll stay in UK because UK can't return them, nor send them anywhere else.
What's more, unsuccesful asylum applicants are denied public funding, denied access to accomodation and employment. So how do they feed themselves? How do they avoid the cold winter nights?
Crime (victims or participants)? Slavery? Black Market? Greedy unscrupulous landlords?
They might have learned the trade of people smugglers or human traffickers. :rolleyes:

And this government is unable or unwilling to see the result of unintended consequences.
They'll blame the increase in crime etc on unsuccesful asylum applicants. Oooh!, They can't do that, it would show up the failure of their policies.
So they'll blame immigrants in general.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back