Housing construction workers - need some inside knowledge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyone on here how has been personally worked for a large home builder?

I am doing some research into housing. I need to get any negative information that is out there in terms of employee job satisfaction working in this trade, health and safety, job security, how the industry structures wages to promote speed on the job (but not caring about build quality), tax evasion, bid rigging and black listing of workers. Those kind of things.

This is a genuine and serious study as I am trying to promote a better way of building new homes as most of new build leaves much to be desired.

If any out there has much information on this I would really appreciate an email to [email protected] to perhaps arrange a chat. Or if you prefer free to post here but it would nice do an informal interview.

As I'm not from the industry and don't have direct experience or contacts to call on its very hard to get this kind of information so any help would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back